This modular computer can run RomWBW, which includes a very good implementation of CP/M, and also the Small Computer Monitor.
Both firmware options can be installed at the same time as the memory module has two sockets for FLASH memory chips. A simple jumper selects which firmware is used.
Set of boards consisting of:
- SC111 – Z180 CPU module
- SC119 – Z180 memory module
- SC112 – 6-slot backplane with power input, or
- SC116 – 3-slot backplane with power input
Once built this minimal system contains:
- Z180 processor
- 512k bytes RAM
- 2 x 512k bytes FLASH
- 18.432 MHz clock
- Voltage supervisor and reset
- Two asynchronous serial ports
- Backplane with power input
You can purchase this computer as a kit from Tindie.
- This design is made in accordance with the “designed for RC2014″labelling scheme.
- RC2014 is a trademark of RFC2795 Ltd.
- This product is designed for hobby use and is not suitable for industrial, commercial or safety-critical applications.